The Dr. Frank H. Netter Award Application Guidelines
If you have questions about the application process please call Linda Warren at 512-565-4255 or contact the Netter Award Coordinator by email.
This annual award recognizes those who have developed visually oriented educational materials which, through independent testimonial or documentation, have met the stated educational objective as well as made a significant contribution to the advancement of education and research in visual communication for the health sciences.
Evaluations for this award are based on the degree to which the stated communication objectives correspond with the demonstrated outcome of the product. Please keep in mind that the most optimal presentation of your entry includes submitting the actual product or exact copy thereof.
- If for some reason, the impracticality of providing the Trust with an original or equivalent makes this impossible, keep in mind that any representation of the product being submitted must adequately address all aspects of the entry you wish to be considered, and shall not in any way be considered a substitute entry. For example, if the entry to be considered is an expensive software program or permanent object, and a written, filmed, or videotaped documentary describing the object is submitted in its stead, the latter however expertly done, shall not be judged in itself, but in terms of the information about the entry being submitted.
- Please note that if the communication objectives for an entry specifically refer to behavioral outcomes, material submitted for this entry must substantiate that these behaviors have been demonstrated when the item being submitted has been put into use. This is especially important for entries which, for reasons of expense or impracticality, consist of a descriptive documentary of the item being submitted. In these cases, every effort must be made by the applicant to clearly define how this item has made a significant and favorable difference to the target audience or user.
- Note that in some cases, the Trust may need to call on an award candidate to provide further documentation or information regarding the entry to substantiate or clarify material in the original application.
- Obtain an application from this link on this Web site and fill it out completely.
- Attach all necessary supporting material, documentation and testimonials.
- For any entry in which the actual item to be evaluated has been substituted by descriptive documentation, please provide clear instructions identifying the substitute media as replacement media only, and not to be construed as the entry itself.
- Your submission will be returned when the judging process is complete.
The application deadline for the 2016 Dr. Frank H. Netter Award is December 15, 2016.
1. Mail physical materials to:
Vesalius Trust Netter Award
3608 Crowncrest Drive
Austin, TX 78759
2. Email electronic materials to: email@example.com
3. Place large files in a Dropbox folder and give access to: firstname.lastname@example.org